Empowering builders for innovation
Kadena Eco helps growing the Kadena ecosystem by accommodating builders at all stages and at any level of expertise – from early to web2 companies with millions of users exploring web3.
Kadena Eco Grants: What You Need to Know
Create something new – for yourself and the world
On April 21st 2022, Kadena Eco launched a $100 million Grant Program to inspire builders to come and innovate on the Kadena network. Kadena Eco exists to empower builders to create new projects that transform the world. To realize this mission, we’re doubling down on our growing community by deploying our treasury resources towards the long-term sustainability of our ecosystem. Kadena Eco grants will be applied to projects big and small, enabling builders of all backgrounds to succeed on Kadena. With our network of technology experts and strategic partners, we’re here to support builders every step of the way.
How it works
The application process is open! All high-quality, open-source projects for gaming, metaverse, NFT, Web3, DeFi and DAO are welcome.
We will judge grant applications based on the following:
- Technical strength
- Detail of specifications
- Team experience
Applicants must be willing to adopt Kadena’s “build in the open” philosophy by contributing content, tutorials and product explainers in relevant channels and communities such as Discord, Medium, Stackoverflow and others. In turn, Kadena Eco will commit to providing engineering mentorship, office hours and community leadership in addition to monetary support.
Beyond grant money, you’ll also get support from the Kadena team to get you off the ground and building for success.
The first of many exciting announcements
Certainly our grant program is a gateway to get started with Kadena, but we also offer so much more.
Alongside grants, Kadena Eco offers other valuable resources to turbocharge development on Kadena:
- An incubator (for hands-on project development)
- An accelerator (for early capital and mentorship)
- A venture fund (for later-stage capital and strategy)
- Research and development (to turn technical theories into real-world applications)
Consider grants just one of many forthcoming announcements — all designed to bolster the growth of Kadena’s ecosystem. By bringing together top industry minds, talent, and investors, Kadena Eco is supporting tomorrow’s best and brightest developments in gaming, metaverse, NFT, web3, DeFi, and DAO – all on Kadena’s blockchain.
Just fill out the requested information here, and we’ll notify you via email regarding the status of your application. The more specific and clear you are in your application, the better our team will be able to understand your project proposal.
The Kadena Eco Grant application process is divided in 4 categories: Project Overview, Team, Development Roadmap and Additional Information.
- If you wish to download the questions and review offline; you may download the entire form here.
- Apply for a Kadena Eco Grant here
Grant applications are evaluated on technical strength, detail of specifications, team experience, and usefulness to the Kadena ecosystem. All high-quality, open-source projects for gaming, metaverse, NFT, Web3, DeFi and DAO are welcome.
Each proposal will be eligible to receive between $5,000 and $50,000 in KDA tokens.
Yes, in addition to monetary support, Kadena Eco will commit to engineering mentorship, office hours, community leadership, potential co-marketing opportunities, and joining Kadena’s official ecosystem projects.
Everyone as long as they’re in a jurisdiction that can receive tokens, and pass KYC.
- Applications are evaluated on technical strength, detail of specifications, team experience, and usefulness to the Kadena ecosystem.
- Applicants must be willing to adopt Kadena’s “build in the open” philosophy by contributing content, tutorials and product explainers in relevant channels and communities such as Discord, Medium, Stackoverflow and others.
- The Grants Review Committee will review applications and follow up if more information is needed to make a decision.
- Within 4 weeks of receiving an application, Kadena will notify application team leads of whether their project has been accepted for grant funding.